Home
$1 =
 34.8101 RUR
-0.2286
€1 =
 46.8718 RUR
-0.504
Search the Archives:
Today is July 24, 2014 4:24 PM (GMT +0400) Moscow
Forum  |  Archive  |  Photo  |  Advertising  |  Subscribe  |  Search  |  PDA  |  RUS
VISA
News
Open Gallery...
Astemirov and his few accomplices are now unable to carry out any major terrorist attacks or acts of sabotage like the one in Nalchik last October last year, unofficial sources in the Interior Ministry say.
Photo: Valery Melnikov
Other Photos
Open Gallery... Open Gallery... Open Gallery...  
News
Ad Market to Dip in 2009
Alcohol Supervisor to Be Set Into Motion ...
Gazprom Builds Big Gas Reservoir
Russia Terminated Armament Projects with ...
Georgian Opposition from New York
Readers' Opinions
You are welcome to share your opinion on the issue.
Nov. 18, 2006
Print  |  E-mail  |  Home
A Caucasian Warlord Threatens with Terrorist Attacks
A warlord responsible for the terrorist raid on Nalchik last October posted a message to Google Video Friday announcing large-scale military operations in the Caucasian republic of Kabardino-Balkaria to come. The police believe that Anzor Astemirov who is on the federal and international wanting lists has no forces or money to stage any major acts of terror.
Anzor Astemirov, head of the Kabardino-Balkarian sector of the Caucasian front, called on all Muslims of the world to fight a sacred war against Russia which is trying to eradicate Islam and enslave Muslims. The leader of the Wahhabi underground in Kabardino-Balkaria said Muslims in the Caucasus, Urals, the Volga and Tarastran have rallied together to fight for their faith. Astemirov called Kabardino-Balkaria a hostilities zone and part of the united Caucasian front, announcing large-scale military operations to come.

He promised to launch this operation with assassinations of high-ranking officials, businessmen and clergy. We will keep a close eye on them and see who are real Muslim and who only pretend to be such, he said. Astemirov also admitted that the radical Islam finds support among police and military men who often help militants in the underground.

Kabardino-Balkarias police hasnt given an official comment yet. But a well-placed source of Kommersant in the Interior Ministry says Astemirov and his few accomplices are now unable to carry out any major terrorist attacks or acts of sabotage like the one in Nalchik in October last year. The source added, however, that the militants could still resort to pin-pointed attacks on federal officials and police in order to exacerbate the situation in the republic.

www.kommersant.com

All the Article in Russian as of Nov. 18, 2006

Print  |  E-mail  |  Home

Forum  |  Archives  |   Photo  |  About Us  |  Editorial  |  E-Editorial  |  Advertising  |  Subscribe  |  Subscribe to Printed Editions  |  Contact Us  |  RSS
1991-2014 ZAO "Kommersant. Publishing House". All rights reserved.